YTread Logo
YTread Logo

Deadly Business | The FBI Files S3 EP9 | Real Crime

May 29, 2021
In the 1990s, a close-knit immigrant community was terrorized by one of the two. Those who went to the police about him were threatened or killed despite the risk. Two men refused to recant. His testimony could help bring down the killer if the FBI released it to uncover one man's



, many immigrants escaped the poverty of India to start new lives in the United States, most of them a better life for their families, one transformed the American dream into a nightmare when people started turning up dead in New York's Indian Community Law. Authorities struggled to control the fraud and murder of a powerful man.
deadly business the fbi files s3 ep9 real crime
I'm Jim Kallstrom, former head of the FBI's New York office, when the promise of the American dream was shattered by murder and corruption, the FBI gave hope to those who had seen their lives and families shattered on July 9, 1995, the gas station attendant became cold once it sank and moved to a gas station in the Bronx to work the late shift, less than a year earlier he had arrived in New York from a port city in hopes of getting better his life and his life. That night he disappeared in October. The missing man's brother, Mon Mahon Singh, traveled to the United States. to find him he hadn't heard from his brother in months it wasn't like him not to write or call he began his search in Queens at the address of one of his brother's friends his name was written in digits Inc his family was from the same villages missing attendance although this friend had the same last name was not related like many members of the Sikh religion the 10 digits took the last name Singh which means light in double a hobby language certain digits said a missing persons report had been filed but the The police had found no trace of his friend.
deadly business the fbi files s3 ep9 real crime

More Interesting Facts About,

deadly business the fbi files s3 ep9 real crime...

He checked the newcomer to be careful who he spoke to. Looking for the brother would be dangerous. Mahon visited the gas station in the Bronx where his brother had worked. He spoke to an assistant, but the man was afraid to answer. His supervisor told him. He made it clear that no one should ask questions the employee was instructed to ask, but Monahon was persistent and convinced the assistant to meet him at a restaurant a few days later. The assistants said the missing brother had been accused of robbing the gas station, Whether the accusations were true or not, they had angered the gas station owner; the manager believed that Monahon's brother had been kidnapped and probably murdered in March 1997, a year and a half after the kidnapping of his brother, Mangla Han. a gas station job in New York he worked nights so he could spend his days secretly gathering information he believed he knew who was responsible and was ready to go to the police then on the night of March 16, 1997 he was silenced north of Brooklyn.
deadly business the fbi files s3 ep9 real crime
Homicide detectives received a call from a client who found the body, photographed the


scene to record his condition, then gathered evidence, collecting two shell casings from a nine-millimeter Ruger. Detectives discovered that the cash register had been stolen, but were surprised that the thief had left some behind. The cash behind the police also did not find fingerprints. Detective Tony Brasada concluded that robbery was not the main motive. We looked at a scene and at first it looked like it was a typical gas station robbery, but then upon further examination of the scene it looked like it was more of a robbery. murder or we thought this person was a target because we shot at very close range behind his head and he was on his knees.
deadly business the fbi files s3 ep9 real crime
Detectives visited the Sikh temple where the funeral was being held. They knew this immigrant community was wary of outsiders, but they hope to find Friends of the victim willing to talk Inderjit Singh came forward told detectives he knew the murdered man Detectives explained that without cooperation the killer would likely go free, although He knew he was endangering his own safety. He promised to meet with the detectives and help them in any way he could. The next day he sat in digits. Singh reached the police station as he promised, yes sir. He brought with him another witness, Sarge, each of whom was also willing to speak.
They told detectives they believed a rich and powerful Indian man named Enzo had ordered the murder of his friend and the kidnapping of his friend's brother. Dinza was a corrupt and ruthless


man who was well known in the Sikh community, like many others who had come to the US from India in the mid-1980s with only a few dollars in his pocket, but His story was different than most. He had amassed an empire of more than 50 gas stations in and around New York City and it was common for witnesses to know several of Dinges' employees. and he explained to Detective Teddy Braun that the millionaire would stop at nothing to protect his business, it was all fear, he used the fear tactic that he had this community petrified, I mean, to the point where he could come in and do something in front of hundreds of people and no one is going to say anything.
Police also learned that Dinza was no stranger to


. His record included felony convictions, assault, kidnapping, robbery, gas pump fraud and weapons possession. He had served time but always managed to get back on the streets. Dinza was known as the Indian Godfather. Witnesses said the Dinges Empire was a family affair with Dinge's brother, a member of the organization's inner circle and an enforcer, the night our newspaper had seen for itself how ruthless the brother could be in 1993. Outside at a Queens restaurant the informant saw Enza's brother arguing with a man this deal ended with James' brothers shooting in a ghostly surjeet he ran to the victim's side but it was too late James' brother was taken out of the country for India was never captured the witnesses now told the detectives that they had heard that the brother would soon return to the United States they were risking their lives talking to the police but they could not allow the violence to continue yes sir they both promise to report when Gina's brother When arrived, he will return to the United States because Dennis's company was getting so big that he needed another hand and Vinson was the type of person who would rather have the family involved than out when it came to his money.
True to his word, in May 1997 witnesses told police that Enza's brother was back in New York, at least installed outside the warehouse at DIMM's US headquarters in Brooklyn, waiting for his brother. . Both witnesses were present to help police identify the murder suspect. It was never possible. Karthik on standby, armed with an arrest warrant, the police surrounded the building and cordoned off all entrances, including the back doors of the warehouse, since the surveillance vans that were tinted had confirmed that it was James' brother heading to the front door. We have an objective of entering the building moments later.
Officers reported shots were fired inside the building. They held their positions waiting for orders. Ready, let's go in. The officers forced their way to the front. The three men ran out the back door into the hands of the police. The men were Jen, his brother. His cousin and his nephew, all three, were quickly arrested by obtaining a search warrant. Police confiscated firearms, seven pistols, a shotgun and a set of machines with a silencer while loading the contraband into a police car. Dinza himself arrived at the same place and protested the decision, claiming that the building and the weapons were his property but the weapons were illegal.
The police arrested him on charges of weapons possession and took him to the 112th police station where Dinza was searched and They took his fingerprints The police pressured him to cooperate They had two witnesses who would testify against him and his brother for murders insisting that He was innocent, he refused to talk. Jinsa was detained at the Brooklyn Correctional Center awaiting a bail hearing, but the incarceration did not stop the murder suspect from leading his charge speaking in Punjabi, so the guards could not understand him. He forced employees and acquaintances to find out who dared. to testify against him and his brother, apart from witness statements, the police had little other evidence.
Ginsa would be released on bail shortly if he discovered the identity of the witnesses, perhaps they would not testify, then the murder and weapons charges against the brothers would have to be dropped in May. 1997 New York City police arrested two East Indian brothers who had been terrorizing their immigrant community for years, except for the statements of two witnesses. Investigators had little evidence against them, but believed that Dinza was the ringleader and that he had ordered two murders in two kidnappings. Shinza had posted bail on May 4, 1997, a few days after his arrest, but his brother remained detained on murder charges at Rikers Island prison in New York City through informants.
Dinza had discovered the identity of the two witnesses against him if they continued to cooperate with the police. He, his brother, and their multimillion-dollar gas station empire would be in danger. One of the witnesses that Inderjit Singh was close to several employees of the alleged murderer. He knew a lot about how Denzel ran his sixty million dollar gas station chain portfolios. He said that the clubs were rigged bombs, they read prophets and ordered people to be kidnapped if they spoke. Detectives believe the information was compelling enough to seek an indictment. In early June 1997, investigators met with the assistant U.S. attorney to explore illegal dance activities.
NYPD Detective Teddy Braun explained how den. The zz pump tampering scheme worked in that area like 53 gas stations and he had this unique skimming system and what he did was regulate the amount of gasoline that was pumped into a consumer's vehicle, so if he had spent An extra $10 worth of gas, he could set up that dark machine and give you 80% 90% of whatever percentage he wanted to give you and the rest would be saved. Assistant U.S. Attorney Ben Campbell learned that Vince's empire was not only corrupt but extensive, the NYPD reported. He tells us that Densa had, among other things, an organization built around pump fraud, which basically ripped off customers.
He had his gas stations throughout the New York and New Jersey area, through which he generated millions of dollars in revenue that protected that fraud activity at the pump through a pattern of violence. crime included murder On June 18, just as the federal investigation began, a witness said 10-figure Singh was shot to death in Queens, it was the day before Jones' brother, a murder suspect, attended the hearing about the crimes and a neighbor told police. had witnessed the crime had been outside on top of his students' house the shooting took place as his apartment lacked air conditioning he was watching a game on his front porch he was distracted by what appeared to be the neighbor described the shooter as a tall African-American man but never saw his face the murdered man's cousin was sitting next to his relative in the car that was killed the cousin told the police it all happened so fast he was too shocked to remember any details the forensic technicians They photographed the scene They collected shelves that had been shot with a 9 millimeter pistol No other physical evidence was found Nothing to prove that Denzil was responsible Investigators believe Dinza would continue to use any means necessary to protect his millions They needed some form of stop him NYPD detectives turned to Assistant U.S.
Attorney Ben Campbell for guidance in reorienting the investigation and taking advantage of the federal RICO statute influenced by racketeering and the Corrupt Organizations Act, a law used to prosecute the organized crime. This wolf had all the hallmarks of an organized crime prosecution and had an organization with leadership had extortion activity that generated income and had a pattern of criminal activity that spanned several years, almost a decade, this would greatly expand the scope of the investigation. The assistant U.S. attorney asked the FBI for help and Special Agent in Charge Kevin Donovan of the FBI's New York field office would Rogers the FBI was planning to conduct a traditional organized crime investigation that would focus on developing cooperating witnesses.
Using cooperating witnesses reviewing records and search warrants to focus on multiple acts of violence and multiple acts of fraud that would not be easy to develop new witnessesofficers would have to ensure the safety of those who came forward while dinza Singh could intimidate witnesses through violence threats of violence and murder our investigation would be very limited we needed to ensure that no other person who cooperated with us was injured by Denso Singh. News of the most recent murder spread quickly among the Sikh community. The other witness sergeant and his family prepared to leave the city. Investigators pleaded with him to allow the FBI to locate him.
He was placed in protective custody but he insisted on taking his wife and two young children away from New York despite investigators' best efforts. Dinza had intimidated another witness from the Sikh community. FBI police seemed unable to protect them In the summer of 1997 the FBI was on the trail of a violent businessman named Dinza, investigators believed he had already killed two men, kidnapped a third and scared another. They needed a report close to Densa to obtain enough evidence to arrest him. I'll be back, but Special Agent in Charge Kevin. Donovan discovered that Dinza was well protected.
The main obstacle the FBI had to overcome in the New York City Police Department was the inability to develop cooperating witnesses and informants from the beginning due to language difficulties and the fact that most of the people working in City Gas Corporation were unwilling to come forward due to threats of violence from Dinza Singh and his acts of violence which were well known throughout the Dinza community was now threatening the life of another member of the Sikh community Ballwin Singh was a close friend of a witness who had fled the city with his family, the man was terrified because Enza had gone after him to find the only remaining witness who remained hidden in his apartment with his wife and daughter for three days before he finally called the police arrived at the Queens homicide office the morning it was investigating the murder of 10-figure Singh.
A witness against Enzo Ball wanted to hope that the police had attended the funeral of the man killed there. he was approached by one of Dina's men the idiot where the other witness was hiding dinza wanted to discuss the witness's testimony face to face vol.1 he refused to tell him anything but now he feared for his own life the police told him they would make him discuss the possibility of providing him and his family with protective custody. Two detectives would be right there from the funeral. He had been ignoring the construction company's demands when the company called and they agreed to run an urgent errand.
He left his frightened family promising that he had returned as soon as he could, he knew the dentist's reputation, it would be difficult to avoid him for long, just a few minutes after leaving the man noticed that a sedan seemed to be following him, he was dizzy, he didn't want to. take no risk. Then he returned home, Jinzo quickly walked away as the detectives headed to the Ball Wants apartment, they received a call, it's a coded message from their supervisor asking them to call immediately, not


izing when they stop to make the urgent call while the detective I was talking on the phone.
He noticed that an Indian man was watching him closely. We decided to invest in the detectives. We asked the driver for his license and registration. It was a bad thing. When the detectives asked to search his car, he agreed. Inside, they found some gasoline receipts in the trunk. The detectives also they found electronic gauges for gas pumps Ginza did not possess anything that was illegal since there was no outstanding warrant for his arrest the detectives let him go the detectives were called for an emergency they never arrived at the informants' house that day the next morning the The man's frightened wife told the police her husband had taken refuge at a friend's gas station.
He waited anxiously for them to arrive and was relieved to see them stop. His wife and daughter were picked up moments later that night. The family was taken away. To an undisclosed hotel on the outskirts of New York the family hid. There, under police protection until Dinza could be arrested, detectives informed Ball Want that they had stumbled upon Danza near their neighborhood. They asked him if he could verify the man's identity from a photograph. Everyone identified him instantly. Investigators had one more witness in their case against the


man. businessman but still lacked enough evidence to make an arrest in July 1997.
FBI agents and NYPD detectives believed gas station magnate Vinson was the man behind the murders of two Indian immigrants and the disappearance of a third party. Investigators had little evidence to prove it and Dinges. intimidation and silence most witnesses, but some community members were tired of living in fear in late July Brooklyn North homicide detective Teddy Braun interviewed a source close to the dinner. Doheny interviews with the confidential informant. My partner Tony Lazzara came across a name, Marvin, who was linked as the strong arm of Densa Singh. The man's full name was Marvin Dodson. He was a 35-year-old African-American man.
Detectives discovered he had an arrest record for illegal firearms. They showed a photograph to the cousin of the murdered witness who was in the car when the shooting occurred immediately identified Dodson as the gunman Detective Anthony Brasada now began searching for Marvin Dotson my partner I myself prepared a list of several places around 6 u 8 places where his family lived on July 4, 1997, police cornered Dotson in a Queens neighborhood, arrested him, and took him to the station. Dodson agreed to testify against Dinza in exchange for a lighter sentence on Sunday morning, July 6, 1997. Dodson and his attorney met with Queens homicide detectives.
Assistant U.S. Attorney and FBI Dodson confessed. that he had been hired by dinza for the murder. Dodson said the plan to kill one of the witnesses began on May 18, 1997 at a time when Ginza had just been released or killed. Dodson would be the gunman hired to kill the witness scheduled to testify against Dinza. and his brother first collected the murder weapon (a nine-millimeter ruler) and then casings of the same caliber were collected at the crime scene. Dodson told investigators that Dinza then ordered him to hire a driver for the hit. Dinges' next step was to conduct witness surveillance, Assistant U.S.
Attorney Ben Campbell, Red Falls, Dinza provided Dodson with all the information he needed to reach Inderjit Singh and gave Mr. Dodson the address where Satinder should sing. live the license plate number of his vehicle and instructed Mr. Dodson to see the 10 digits sing and kill him at the first opportunity. What do you do with a gun? On June 18, 1997, Dodson received a phone call from Denzil. His boss told him that the witness must be dead before nightfall. The next day the hit would send a message to everyone who considered testifying. Dodson said he and his driver Walter Jazz Samuels met Benza at one of his gas stations.
Dinza provided them with a white van. They watched the satin-digit house until he left with his cousin to cause a disturbance, then that's a 10 digits, he would stop, allow the seller, which he did, the truck blocked him. Dodson shot the unarmed man eight times. His description of that day's events corroborated a statement from neighbors to police. Datsun also told Investigators said that after the murder he had returned the white van to James' garage on Roosevelt Avenue. I returned Dinza's gun and paid him and the driver $20,000 for the hit on July 6, 1997, when police approached the Brooklyn home of Walter Jazz's man Sammy. who Datsun said had driven the truck was arrested without incident police learned that Samuels had a record prior arrests with Samuels in custody investigators turned their attention to Jinzo the United States Attorney's Office believed agents and detectives now had evidence enough to charge Densa with federal racketeering charges Special Agent in Charge Kevin Donovan remembers agents fanning out across the city to find evidence.
FBI agents and New York City Police Department detectives began surveillance at several City Gas Corporation gas stations that Dinza Singh was known to frequent at 5:00 p.m. On July 7, 1997, FBI agents and NYPD detectives followed Dinza to his gas stations on Foster Avenue. When he arrived, they arrested him for murder, kidnapping, punk fraud, and obstruction of justice in aid of a corrupt organization. The entire case hinged on the testimony of Gingers Hitman and Marvin. Dotson, but because Dodson was a murderer, the US attorney still needed to substantiate his story with other evidence or witness testimony. They hope the testimony will come from Walter Jazz Samuels, the man whom Dodson pointed out as his accomplice in the murder of Satine Digits Inc.
Samuels now said. Investigators were not in the van at the time of the shooting. He claimed that he was at a nearby restaurant. His story was proven. Investigators believed Samuels knew who was driving Dotson on the day of the murder, but he was not talking and Dodson was not needed. Further corroborating Dodson's story, they obtained a search warrant for the Dinges Roosevelt Avenue gas station, the location where Dodson had returned the white van after the murder in connection with a search of the entire premises, but found little more than stolen license plates. in which they believe they were probably used. getaway cars during the commission of crimes, but once again they had no evidence, they found nothing that could corroborate Dodson's story or connect Dinza to the murder as the FBI and police continued to search for evidence that Dinza was behind bars once again awaiting a July 14 bond hearing with investigators.
I hope Dance's imprisonment encourages witnesses to come forward, it was not like before that Dinza continued to rule with an iron fist unfortunately, as a result of Densa Singh's ability to make phone calls from jail, he was able to continue running his corporation and his business and focused on threatening additional individuals who may have come forward to cooperate with the FBI at the New York City Police Department for the second time in three months. Authorities kept the alleged murderer behind bars. They hoped it would be his final arrest, but the millionaire hired a high official. The expensive defense team and the prosecution's entire case still depended on the testimony of a confessed killer.
In July 1997, a man named Denton had been arrested on federal racketeering charges that included murder and kidnapping to protect his corrupt business and wire that It was his second arrest. Within three months, as he had done before, Dinza ran his business and even threatened potential witnesses from a prison phone, but this time investigators were listening. Assistant U.S. Attorney Ben Campbell wasn't going to let Dinza slip through his fingers again, they had to keep him behind bars first. His conversation was in Punjabi which is a unique dialect and it took us some time before we could find a Punjabi translator to translate those phone calls.
Secondly, he was not very open in his conversation, so he was somewhat cryptic in his conversation with his colleagues. The translations opened a rare insight into how firmly Dinza held the reins of his empire. Enza attracted customers to his rigged pumps by advertising the lowest gas prices in New York, but his pumps provided less than a gallon for the price he was routinely instructing members of his office telling them to change the price of gas. at their different stations to continue ordering supplies for their company, and he also gave them instructions on things they should communicate to their lawyers and the steps to follow to try to catch him. he bonded out while Campbell raced to find evidence to prevent dense cause police to process the suspect's car.
They found business cards linking Ginza to his hitman, Marvin Dotson, and Dodson's agent, Walter Jazz. Samuels police also recovered a list of names and addresses listed. to be a list of targets, the list included the home address of Sajid Singh, a federal witness fled the city with his family. Ballwin Singh who was in protective custody had also appeared on the list, seven more men with Punjabi names also appeared, it was just what investigators needed to prevent Dinza from posting bail while they did not know if these men were alive or dead they knew who The agents asked Walter Sam knows the list in the hope that it would awaken his memory.
He finally opened up and said that Dinza had planned to kill those nine men, two of them, one from our sheet were witnesses.Federals, the other seven were family members, all still alive, once again, the agents would have to corroborate the story, confined in the next room, Marvin Dodson and his lawyer waited to be questioned. Dodson confirmed Samuel's story and added something else: He said that on July 3, just days before his most recent arrest, Dinza had purchased two used police cruisers as part of the murder plot. Dodson had copies of the titles that his attorney now offered to the agent as evidence, Mr.
Dennis' plan was for mr. Dodson and mr. Samuels to impersonate law enforcement officers and arrest mr. to stop saying the ball one in the street along with members of his family and he kidnapped them and took them to Mr. dinza in an undisclosed location feeling the pressure and hoping to reach a deal Samuel was now told to investigators the name of the man who was driving the white van during the murder his name was Evans Alonzo Powell because Powell had no arrest record Dodson wanted to protect him had threatened Salmons not on July 19, 1997 police arrested Powell on a Brooklyn street agreed to cooperate Powell admitted he had driven the van for the murder in Queens investigators finally had a corroborating witness Powell also spoke of another crime Dinza had ordered the murder of The Indian who had traveled to the United States to search for his missing brother, Powell, was present when Datsun killed the Brooklyn gas station attendant on the night of March 16, 1997.
Detective Tony Brasada remembers the Doug's confession: He admitted to shooting her twice in the head. and Neil made him kneel and said that they paid him saying for doing this that Singh wanted this person to be killed, he didn't give him a reason but he just wanted him to be killed. Enza had paid Dodson just four thousand dollars to take the The man's life Dotson stole money to pay Powell to be Special Agent in Charge Kevin Donovan continued to gather evidence about James's pomp manipulation activities. The FBI at the New York City Police Department executed a search warrant at the Foster Avenue City gas station.
The objective of our search was to identify and obtain evidence of the bomb assembly scheme as a result of excavation of the area around the bomb. The electronic devices were located in a box that was used to control the pump assembly scheme. Investigators determined that Dinza manipulated the flow. of gasoline to customers' cars through remote-controlled devices attached to pumps and buried underground, the systems could be turned on or off at will, Detective Teddy Braun explains that the dens had taught many of their employees when to turn them on and off. I had remote control work and what would happen is if a person looked, for example, if a person came to get a gallon of gas, they forgot about a lawnmower, well what happened was the gas guy would hit a control remote in his pocket, which was like a car alarm. remote and what that would do, it would turn off the skimming system and the system would go perfect, so that when a gallon of gasoline had not been pumped into the container, it would be perfect, so there would be no question in At the end of July, In 1997, the FBI conducted an exhaustive search of the dentists at the Brooklyn warehouse headquarters, where they found their double books.
We discovered documents reflecting bribe payments to a corrupt Department of Consumer Affairs inspector. In addition, we also estimate the total value of mr. Pompadour fraud activities in the $40 million neighborhood for ten years In September 1998, the man's body was mysteriously kidnapped from a gas station on Box 1990, but agents had a hunch based on city building records. New York at the time of his disappearance, agents suspected that Dinza had buried the assistant. under one of its gas stations it was determined that the most likely gas station that was under construction at the time was a gas station located at Farragut and Flatbush Avenue on September 16, 1998, investigators arrived at the station with equipment heavy and used ground-penetrating radar.
To help locate the body underground, they selected two separate sites where they believe the man could be buried, the construction team removed concrete slabs, and the FBI, the New York City Police Department, examined these two. sites that were located by ground penetrating radar. Investigators never found the man's body, although this news was disappointing. Investigators were having better luck with other leads. Assistant U.S. Attorney Ben Campbell subpoenaed Enza's cell phone records. They placed Dinza at the time and place of Singh's murder. Prosecutors were well armed at Gina's trial. In federal district court in Brooklyn they expect to convict him on 29 charges, including capital murder.
Sajid Singh, who assisted in the investigation despite death threats, testified against the man accused of killing his friends on March 2, 1999, after two and a half days of deliberations, the jury concluded. Dinza guilty of 21 of 29 charges which included murder, attempted murder and fraud. Enza was acquitted of kidnapping the man whose body was never found on October 5, 1999. Densey received eight life sentences without the possibility of parole. He escaped the death penalty that same month. The same judge convicted Enza's hitmen for his role in the murders for assisting in Dinza's conviction. Their sentences were considerably lighter. Denzo was a very rewarding experience for me personally.
We were able to go into a community that often does not turn to the authorities for help and provide them with significant help in eliminating an individual who was bad by default. in a better term a plague in that community like many immigrants before Dinza came to a permit and was embraced by a community of compatriots but he repaid his kindness with scams in murder for the greed and brutality of he will never be free

If you have any copyright issue, please Contact